Thursday, September 4, 2014

Alex + Ada | Comic Review


Volume 1, Illustrated by Jonathan Luna and Written by Sarah Vaughn
Image Comics | Release 2014
Amazon | B&N 

It has been a while since I read a comic book series that has drawn me in as this one has. Alex + Ada is a interesting story set in the future where A.I. (artificial intelligence) has been made possible. In this society the world is on edge with the evolution of A.I. and forbid any A.I. with any free will to exist after one of them attack people. Going against what they are initially program to do.

This story follows Alex. Alex receives an advance A.I. for a present from his grandmother for a companion. The story follows him trying to make Ada (what he name his A.I.) more human. Allowing her to have free will.

I really intrigue with this storyline. The believes in this story are interesting what they think is acceptable in society with these man made machines. It gives me a terminator vibe where society is obsees with technology which later leads to their destruction. This story has made me more interested in reading more books base on robotic/A.I. fiction. The idea is not that far from our society today. What society is trying to achieve with technology. I am looking forward to see where this story lead to and how rights evolve in this society.

 I really like the illustrations style of this comic. The coloring is bright and the images are simple but yet it draws you in. You could see the signature style of the artist.  This his other work (Sword, Girls) I love how clean the line work is.

Rating:


If you guys have read this comic book series what do you guys think? And do you guys have any recommendations?




0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my little corner of the internet. My name is Melody located in Southern California. I hope that you enjoy my thoughts on things I love. Hopefully I can introduce you to new books, movies, comics, and shows. Thank you for dropping by.

Currently Reading

Melody's bookshelf: currently-reading

The Living Dead
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Popular Posts

Text Widget

.
Powered by Blogger.

Get In Touch

.