Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Supernatural Re-Watch | Post #3: Wendigo 1x02

Wendigo 1x02

We start with an iconic camping in the woods horror cliche scene. Got to love it. I do love that it does give nods to a lot of horror films I like. 


We also get a look at young Han Solo (Alden Ehrenreich) in his first acting role on television. The creepy monster in this episode the Wendigo is no joke, this creature toys with his victims and then eats them. Once a man it was manifested to pure evil as he was left to survive. It's a creepy monster specially being in the middle of nowhere in a surrounding that is not familiar at all. 

During the whole episode Dean is worry about Sam and with good reason. Sam just loss Jessica and he doesn't care what it takes. He want revenge for what was taken from him. With Dean being worry we got one of the most important lines of the show, "I think dad wants us to pick up where he left off. Saving people, hunting things. The family business." Something that I always associate with Supernatural.


I really thought it was smart how they film this episode. Not really showing the creature, keeping the mystery to add the scare factor. That is what makes a horror story great the suspenses of waiting to see the creature. This is perfect to watch at night. The lighting of the monster was great. The reveal wasn't as amazing but it was still a good design.

The one liners in the show do cracks me up. They try so hard. Enjoyed the episode overall and like that they do have funny lines in emotional situations. 

I will be keeping track of these things during the episodes adding them as the episodes go.

Sam Death's:0  |  Dean Death's:0  |  Time's Arrested:1  |  Mess Up Car:1  |  Death in Episodes:6  |  "Jerk.Bitch.":1  |  Hugs:0

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my little corner of the internet. My name is Melody located in Southern California. I hope that you enjoy my thoughts on things I love. Hopefully I can introduce you to new books, movies, comics, and shows. Thank you for dropping by.

Currently Reading

Melody's bookshelf: currently-reading

The Living Dead
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Popular Posts

Text Widget

.
Powered by Blogger.

Get In Touch

.