Thursday, June 29, 2017

Supernatural Re-Watch | Post #2: Pilot 1x01


Pilot 1x01
Here we go again. 

All the emotions in that first scene. Watching the happy family that they could have been. Which was torn away from them. We go from the iconic celling fire to present day. Were we see the brothers for the first time. They looked so young. It's insane that they are the actual age of the characters. The thing that I enjoy from the show is the relationship between the brothers.


I forgot how amazing the music selection is along with the soundtrack. Seeing the boys together in the impala is just hilarious, specially how they argue back and forth. In this episode we follow the Woman in White, which is La Llorona in Latino culture. The first time I watch this episode I was so excited because I knew the story from folklore.


There are so many moments I still quote from this episode from the iconic "Jerk. Bitch". Their banter and one liners still make me laugh even as I re-watch it. I think it's what make the show. Their relationship is such a key factor. They have each others back no matter what. The part that cracks me up every time I had watched this episode was the part were Sam pulls Dean into the room. It looks like Dean is caught off guard.

I do miss this feeling of the show. The dark color scheme. It makes it feel like a horror movie which I love. I really do enjoy the monster of the week formula because it ended up making me curious of the folklore behind the story and I end up reading up on the stories.

The thing I did like was how quick they think on their feet in situations. It made it believable because they do have history of being train since they were young.

Overal I really like the episode. It was a great introduction to the show and really brought interest into the mystery of what is going on and the relationships of these characters.

One thing I never understood was how did Dean get to that room so fast? Question that will never get answer.



These will be random thoughts about the show.

I will be keeping track of these things during the episodes.

Sam Death's:0  |  Dean Death's:0  |  Time's Arrested:1  |  Mess Up Car:1  |  Death in Episodes:3  |  "Jerk.Bitch.":1  |  Hugs:0

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my little corner of the internet. My name is Melody located in Southern California. I hope that you enjoy my thoughts on things I love. Hopefully I can introduce you to new books, movies, comics, and shows. Thank you for dropping by.

Currently Reading

Melody's bookshelf: currently-reading

The Living Dead
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Popular Posts

Text Widget

.
Powered by Blogger.

Get In Touch

.