Sunday, August 23, 2015

You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) | Thoughts

book.jpgAuthor: Felicia Day
Title: You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost)
Release: August 11, 2015
Rating: ★★★★★
Pages: 261
Format: Hardback
Where to find them: Amazon | Goodreads | Bookdepository
Series: No
Summary: From online entertainment mogul, actress, and “queen of the geeks” Felicia Day, a funny, quirky, and inspiring memoir about her unusual upbringing, her rise to Internet-stardom, and embracing her individuality to find success in Hollywood. (goodreads)




Thoughts/Review:

This book was amazing. I loved every step of the way. We got more of an insight into Felicia Day’s world. You get to read her journey and love of gaming through her childhood to now. Also and insight of her acting career and how she became the woman she is today.

If you are a gamer, love Felicia, or fan of anything, this book is for you. There is so many ways this book could connect with you. It connected with me in so many levels. From meeting friends from the internet world when it was weird and not so welcoming, to over thinking about everything now and in the future. Your own mind can be a scary thing. This book was also an emotional journey for me. I am glad I took my time in reading this book making the journey so much more enjoyable.

It’s so surprising to read the struggles she faced in a community that she loves so much and make you see that there is still hate in communities that we cherish. It’s sad to see that in things that we love there is still so much prejudice just because you are a specific gender. Instead of focusing on the love of the art.

It’s so hard to express my feelings for this book in words. This books shows that if you have a vision and want a place to belong that you are not alone and should give up. Just keep trying. You will find your way. There are so many amazing people out there that have proven that. Thank you Felicia Day for sharing your experiences with us and anyone who is a fan of anything should read it.

Embrace your weirdness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my little corner of the internet. My name is Melody located in Southern California. I hope that you enjoy my thoughts on things I love. Hopefully I can introduce you to new books, movies, comics, and shows. Thank you for dropping by.

Currently Reading

Melody's bookshelf: currently-reading

The Living Dead
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Popular Posts

Text Widget

.
Powered by Blogger.

Get In Touch

.