Thursday, August 20, 2015

The Accident Season | Thoughts

The Accident SeasonAuthor: Moira Fowley-Doyle
Title: The Accident Season
Release: August 18, 2015
Rating: ★★★
Pages: 288
Format: ARC
Where to find them: Amazon | Goodreads | Bookdepository
Series: Stand Alone
Summary:It's the accident season, the same time every year. Bones break, skin tears, bruises bloom.

The accident season has been part of seventeen-year-old Cara's life for as long as she can remember. Towards the end of October, foreshadowed by the deaths of many relatives before them, Cara's family becomes inexplicably accident-prone. They banish knives to locked drawers, cover sharp table edges with padding, switch off electrical items - but injuries follow wherever they go, and the accident season becomes an ever-growing obsession and fear.

But why are they so cursed? And how can they break free? (goodreads)

Thoughts/Review
I picked up an ARC copy of this book at SDCC.

Picking up this book at SDCC, I was immediately pulled in by the summary. It was something different than what I was use to reading and wanted to give something new a chance. However, after reading the book I wasn’t impressed at all by the story.

The main reason I wasn’t impressed by the story has mainly to do with the characters. There is a moment in the book where Cara’s sister is hurt really badly. Cara doesn’t seem that worry about her sister and is more focus on trying to solve the mystery. She doesn’t even go to the hospital with her sister. She just lets someone else take her and she doesn’t even call her to see if she is okay. I didn’t really like that about the character. It seems that they really didn’t communicate. I felt that the sisters in the novel were very distant even though in the book it stated that they would hang out together often. Also, characters got away with thing I wouldn’t expect people their ages would get away with.

If you guys have seen the film An American Haunting it feels very familiar to this book.There was the mystery behind the story and the journey to trying to find out why things were happening. That is how I felt about this book when I finished reading it. Although, there is certain different topics.

It’s an interesting concept and it was creepy at parts but I just felt that it was too easily convenient for the story from setting to events in the story. For a family that was very caution about the dangers of the time they weren’t cautious at all.

It was an interested read and different but it wasn’t something I had expected from reading the summary.

I would give the book a chance if you like a mystery and a real fast read. I did wanted to know what the mystery was behind it all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my little corner of the internet. My name is Melody located in Southern California. I hope that you enjoy my thoughts on things I love. Hopefully I can introduce you to new books, movies, comics, and shows. Thank you for dropping by.

Currently Reading

Melody's bookshelf: currently-reading

The Living Dead
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Popular Posts

Text Widget

.
Powered by Blogger.

Get In Touch

.