Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Made You Up | Thoughts

Title: Made You Up
Author:  Francesca Zappia
Release Date: May 19, 2015
Goodreads: Link
Rating: 
Summary: Reality, it turns out, is often not what you perceive it to be—sometimes, there really is someone out to get you. Made You Up tells the story of Alex, a high school senior unable to tell the difference between real life and delusion. This is a compelling and provoking literary debut that will appeal to fans of Wes Anderson, Silver Linings Playbook, and Liar.

Alex fights a daily battle to figure out the difference between reality and delusion. Armed with a take-no-prisoners attitude, her camera, a Magic 8-Ball, and her only ally (her little sister), Alex wages a war against her schizophrenia, determined to stay sane long enough to get into college... (goodreads) 





Thoughts:
I got this book at Yallwest this year. They were doing a raffle by Epic Reads. Anyone who spin the wheel was able to win a book. I spin the wheel and got Queen of the Tearling. However, since I only own it I found someone who was willing to trade the a book with me. I have never heard about Made You up before. I completely went into this book blindly. Without knowing what it was about or hearing anything about it. Which I think that is a reason why I think I enjoyed this book so much. I finish this book in two days, that is how much I liked it. It hard to find a book now in days and going completely blind. Having no expectations for it. It's something that I have missed and it's something I received with this book.

One thing I really enjoyed of this book is the main character. Sometimes it's hard to enjoy the main character in YA contemporary books for me. They usually seam really predictable and in this book I didn't feel that much with that character. It did have a moment were I did predicted in the first few 100 pages but during the whole book I still had hopes that that outcome was different. Which that is a thing I really loved. The book still gave me hope that it would be different and made me wonder how it would end.

I love when a book makes you feel that. But in this book I loved Alex as a main character. She seemed relatable as a character to me. Another thing that I really enjoyed was the character development in the book. The characters grew from the beginning of the book. Another thing that I love about books.

Although, I did have a few problems with the book it's an amazing debut novel that I recommend everyone to try out if you live contemporary YA novels.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my little corner of the internet. My name is Melody located in Southern California. I hope that you enjoy my thoughts on things I love. Hopefully I can introduce you to new books, movies, comics, and shows. Thank you for dropping by.

Currently Reading

Melody's bookshelf: currently-reading

The Living Dead
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Popular Posts

Text Widget

.
Powered by Blogger.

Get In Touch

.