Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Lock In | Thoughts


Title: Lock In
Author: John Scalzi
Release Date: August 26, 2014
Rating: 
Summary: Fifteen years from now, a new virus sweeps the globe. 95% of those afflicted experience nothing worse than fever and headaches. Four percent suffer acute meningitis, creating the largest medical crisis in history. And one percent find themselves “locked in”—fully awake and aware, but unable to move or respond to stimulus.

One per cent doesn't seem like a lot. But in the United States, that's 1.7 million people “locked in”...including the President's wife and daughter.

Spurred by grief and the sheer magnitude of the suffering, America undertakes a massive scientific initiative. Nothing can restore the ability to control their own bodies to the locked in. But then two new technologies emerge. One is a virtual-reality environment, “The Agora,” in which the locked-in can interact with other humans, both locked-in and not.... (goodreads)



Thoughts:
Okay. This book marked my love for John Scalzi writing. I really love his style of writing and story telling. I must try to read all his books now. I want to thank Lindsey Rey for introducing me to John Scalzi. I would have never would have thought of picking up his books before.

This book was such and interesting take of people using machines and other people to control them with their minds because of a disease that attacked their bodies keeping them trap in their own minds. I liked how focus the book was on the case and didn't really dragged the story line. The information given to the reader was straight to the point.  Also liked that the setting was part of the story instead of the focus of the story. Scalzi didn't drag the storyline at all by giving us terminology and world building at all because it wasn't necessary for the story. Which I loved.  

That is what made me love this book.  It gave you what you needed to know and went straight to the point.




Really don't want to say much afraid to ruin the book to anyone. What I do want to say is that I really loved it and I highly recommend it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my little corner of the internet. My name is Melody located in Southern California. I hope that you enjoy my thoughts on things I love. Hopefully I can introduce you to new books, movies, comics, and shows. Thank you for dropping by.

Currently Reading

Melody's bookshelf: currently-reading

The Living Dead
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Popular Posts

Text Widget

.
Powered by Blogger.

Get In Touch

.