Monday, February 9, 2015

Book Thoughts | Golden Son by Pierce Brown




Golden Son (Red Rising Trilogy, #2)
Golden Son (Red Rising #2) by Pierce Brown
Genre: Dystopian/Fantasy/Sci-fi
Release Date: January 6, 2015
Rating: five-stars
Summary: With shades of The Hunger Games, Ender’s Game, and Game of Thrones, debut author Pierce Brown’s genre-defying epic Red Rising hit the ground running and wasted no time becoming a sensation. Golden Son continues the stunning saga of Darrow, a rebel forged by tragedy, battling to lead his oppressed people to freedom from the overlords of a brutal elitist future built on lies. Now fully embedded among the Gold ruling class, Darrow continues his work to bring down Society from within. A life-or-death tale of vengeance with an unforgettable hero at its heart, Golden Son guarantees Pierce Brown’s continuing status as one of fiction’s most exciting new voices.
Bloodydamn this book was brilliant. If you have yet to read the first book of this series Red Rising I highly recommend that you do so. (Goodreads)
 
The first book takes place in a futuristic dystopian future where we have come to live in different planets in our solar system. We follow the journey of Darrow our lead character taking part of rebellion to over power the corrupted society.

I received this book by participating in a goodreads giveaway. Which I was grateful and happy to receive since it was one of my most anticipated books of 2015. Let me just start by saying it didn't disappoint at all. The world that Pierce Brown has brilliantly crafted pulls you even more into the second book. Answering questions left unanswered by the previous book. As a reader you are given even more twist and turns that you would have expected to see.

I think it was a smart decision to start the book where he did, allowing the characters grow from were we last saw them and not dragging story into the same routine some series have a problem with. I think that is a unique way to continue the story and is something I have not seen before in my reading experience.

This was my first book of the new year making it a great start.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my little corner of the internet. My name is Melody located in Southern California. I hope that you enjoy my thoughts on things I love. Hopefully I can introduce you to new books, movies, comics, and shows. Thank you for dropping by.

Currently Reading

Melody's bookshelf: currently-reading

The Living Dead
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Popular Posts

Text Widget

.
Powered by Blogger.

Get In Touch

.